The state-of-the-art Fitness and Wellness Center has over 50 pieces of PRT compliant Cardio Equipment. Our trained and certified staff is available for Fitness Assessments, Exercise Prescriptions, Seminars and Workshops, and Blood Pressure Screenings. The Fitness Center also holds over 20 Group Exercise classes each week offered throughout the day to meet any schedule.
Memberships are available for Contractors and Retired DoD Civilians.
Group Exercise Classes
Are you looking to get involved in a group exercise class but don’t know where to start? Let us help! We have categorized all of the classes we offer into four groups; beginner, intermediate to advanced, advanced and all levels. Modifications and progressions will be given by your instructor, so you are able to exercise at your own level. If you have any questions about specific classes, do not hesitate to ask.
- Beginner - These classes are designed for participants who have a base level of fitness and are looking to push to the next level. All movements are modifiable.
- Intermediate to Advanced - These classes are designed for participants who have a base level of fitness and are looking to push to the next level. All movements are modifiable.
- Advanced - These classes are designed for the advanced exerciser. Movements are modifiable.
- All levels - These classes are designed for all levels of fitness. Movements can be modified or made more difficult to challenge the participant and meet their needs.
Court Reservation Requirements
- Active Duty Military - May reserve up to two days in advance after 0800
- Retired Military Reservists & Eligible Family Members - May reserve up to two days in advance after 1400
- Federal Employees - May reserve up to one day in advance after 0800.
Courts are reserved daily for active duty from 1130 to 1330. Fitness Center Guest Policy applies to Bldg. 14, outdoor tennis and racquetball courts. Reservations can be made by contacting the Fitness Center at 717-605-8147.
We offer free monthly seminars on fitness/wellness topics such as healthy eating, self-defense, massage therapy, proper lifting form, low back health, arthritis and preparing for a 5K. Look for posters and sign up sheets at the NSA Mechanicsburg Fitness Center.
We offer a four-step fitness-focused orientation with a personal trainer on staff. Each appointment is an hour long and can be scheduled by calling the Fitness Center.
The first scheduled appointment includes a body composition reading using the Tanita Scale, which allows an individual to know their body mass index (BMI), fat %, fat mass, fat free mass (FFM), total body water (TBW) and desirable ranges. We also have a blood pressure machine that can be utilized for blood pressure and resting pulse readings. This appointment will also include goal setting. The second, third and fourth appointments teach the patron how to use various cardio and lower and upper body strength equipment. The trainer will write a workout program based on the patron’s needs using the newly trained on equipment.
We encourage the patron to be retested and have their program reevaluated every one to three monlths based on their fitness needs, goals and achievements.
Eligible Patron & Guest Policies
- Eligible patrons utilizing the Fitness Center and Bldg. 14 courts include active duty military, Reservists, retirees, active duty eligible family members and DoD civilians. DoD civilian retirees and contractors are eligible with current/valid membership card.
- All patrons and guests are required to sign in at the front desk.
- All patrons and guests are subject to 100% ID CHECK.
- Members must be age 18 and older to sponsor a guest.
- Members are limited to two authorized guests at any time in the Fitness Center and four guests in Bldg. 14. Members must remain with guests at all times.
- Guest passes are available at the Community Rec Office Monday - Friday from 0830 - 1630.
- A parent or guardian must accompany anyone between the ages of 10 and 15.
- Children younger than age 10 are not permitted in the Fitness Center.
Facility Rules & Regulations
- Clean, proper footwear with non-marking soles and appropriate athletic attire are required while using the Fitness Center and Bldg. 14 Courts. Uniforms and street clothes are prohibited. Shirts are required by all patrons.
- The ACSM has ruled that working out in rubberized, plastic or sweat-inducing attire is unsafe. These types of apparel are prohibited in the Fitness Center.
- Change to a dry workout shirt if you are going from cardio to weight equipment or utilize a gym towel on equipment.
- The consumption of alcohol or the use of any type of tobacco is prohibited inside the Fitness Center and Bldg. 14 Courts.
- Eating or chewing gum is prohibited inside the fitness facility.
- Approved eye protection is required and will be worn properly when utilizing racquetball courts.
- Gym bags are prohibited in the Fitness Center.
- Youth ages 10 - 14 must be accompanied by an adult and are not permitted in the weight room.
- Wipe down equipment after use.
- Remove plates from machines and bars after use and return to proper racks. DO NOT leave them on the floor.
- Allowing weights to drop or slam is prohibited.
- Limit cardio equipment usage to 30 minutes during peak hours or when patrons are waiting.
- Loitering, profanity and disruptive behavior is prohibited.
- Be courteous of other patrons by refraining from talking on your cell phone.
Your Opinion Matters!
Please take a brief survey of our programs. Your feedback helps us serve you better!
Intramural Sports, https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SportsMechanicsburg